We feel a kinship with those who let a passion for their work guide their lives. Our Spotlight On Series is a collection of vignettes that feature craftsmen, artists, and entrepreneurs who have embraced social media to share their passion and in doing so have created a following, a social community.
We typically depict a mere slice of people’s lives, using mundane realism depicting everyday experiences. There is no intention on our part to lecture nor go into great depth. The series is meant to be uplifting and interesting, not a college course.
You’ve got a passion and boundless energy – share it using social networks and inspire others.
Interested in sharing your passion?
- Step 1: Figure out the story you’re trying to tell.
- Step 2: Pick a short and self-explanatory name.
- Step 3: Choose the social-networking site that you think best matches your interests.
- Step 4: Design a group page if possible. Wherever possible, include pictures and videos when you post to the social platform.
- Step 5: Promote discussion. You might get new ideas and inspire others.
- Step 6: Promote your social page. At a party? Talk about your passion and page. Meeting someone for the first time? Don’t be shy about about it.
- Step 7: Pay forward. Take the time to thank others, to promote good causes and to practice good citizenship.